Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pflugerville dogs sick from rat poison in cheese



by JADE MINGUS / KVUE News and Photojournalist MICHAEL MOORE
Bio | Email | Follow: @JadeM_KVUE
Posted on May 21, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Updated yesterday at 6:17 PM
PFLUGERVILLE -- Megan Crist says she noticed her dogs chewing on something in her backyard Monday and discovered the rat poison.
When she rushed her two dogs to the vet, they had to have injections to empty their stomachs. The long term effects are not known.
"Our dogs never bark. We can’t figure out why someone targeted our dogs," said Crist.
Crist's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Tubs and her service dog, an Australian Shepherd named Book, had eaten several cheese balls filled with rat poison in the backyard located in the Highland Park neighborhood near Heatherwilde Boulevard.
"When we got to the vet, we squished it and it's was literally like someone took Velveeta cheese and rat poison and mushed it together," said Crist.
Crist and her husband Adam are surprised someone would target their yard, especially since their daughter's toys are outside, showing a toddler lives there.
"I really hope it’s just some kids who thought they were having fun and didn’t realize what they were doing, and that they realize now it’s not a fun joke," said Adam Crist.
The Pflugerville Police Department is investigating. They say whoever is responsible could face animal cruelty charges.
Another neighbor tells KVUE a woman found more poisoned cheese near a walking trail Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment