A Family Fun Day
October 24, 5 PM – 9 PM at Zilker Hillside Theater
Free to the public! Dogs on leash are welcome. Chairs are not permitted, but blankets or towels are encouraged.
- A public screening of National Geographic Channel’s “Dog Town,” including footage of John Garcia working with the Vicktory Dogs at Best Friends (begins at 7:30 PM).
- Autographs with John Garcia
- Games and crafts, including: henna tattoos, face painting, balloon animals, bandanna painting
- Under Pressure t-shirt silk screening
- Pumpkin patch photo booth
- Dunk tank (dunk “Michael Vick” for charity!)
- Refreshments: Amy’s Ice Cream, Aloha Sno-Cones and Waffles, Zuzu’s tacos, Solar Natural Foods, Sweet Leaf tea
- Pick the Pit Bull game, trivia, and prize giveaways
- Information and adoptable pets from Emancipet, Happy Endings, Town Lake Animal Center, Best Friends, and Reunion Rescue
- Booths featuring our trainer, Jessica Wilson and Haute Dog Magazine
A Downtown Pet Parade and Costume Contest, led by John Garcia
October 25, 2 PM at Austin City Hall
Free to the public! Bring your leashed loved ones and the whole family for this walk through downtown. Austin Java and Lofty Dog will provide rest stops, and there will be prizes for best human and dog costumes! DJ Yoshi will be spinning tunes for your enjoyment. Free Parking in the City Hall Garage (entrance on Lavaca).